The obscure terms in online casinos confuse so many newcomers who cannot start the game normally without knowing the terminology and not understanding what is at stake. And this is normal, because once we were all newbies, and made mistakes while playing in the casino, so in this article we will talk about the main
terms that occur in online casinos. So, after reading the article to the end, you can feel more confident when you plunge into the world of online gambling.
Key Terms List
Welcome bonus – all gambling establishments from our online casinos rating offer this bonus to beginners. For the most part, this is a tool to attract more and more users to your platform, because thanks to this bonus, they seriously increase the chance of winning. Of course, the vast majority of bonuses have certain wagering requirements, but we’ll talk about this below. In addition to increasing the deposit size, many casinos offer free spins – these are free spins, which allows you to play in one of the slots for free.
No deposit bonus is another “advertising” bonus that attracts users. So, at the end of registration, the player will receive a certain amount of money or free spins, for this you do not even need to make a deposit. Of course, most of these offers have a very large wager, because the casino is in no hurry to give money just like that.
Wager – the so-called requirements for wagering funds that were received by the bonus. Please note that you cannot withdraw your winnings until you wager the wager. If you try to withdraw money without completing the wagering, bonus money will be debited. To make it clearer what a wager is, we will give a simple example. So, let’s say you made a deposit of 1000 rubles, received the same amount as a bonus. But you can’t immediately withdraw it, you need to win it back. The wager for this proposal was x30, i.e. before you withdraw money, you need to win back 30,000 rubles. And only after that the bonus 1000 rubles will go to the main account.
Gambling institution license – each casino is required to have a license, otherwise it is considered illegal. The most private licenses are those issued in Malta, Curaçao and the UK. Please note that the institution must be licensed by one of the European countries, then the winnings will be taxed. So, before you register on the site, make sure that this institution has a license. This information is most often located at the bottom of the institution’s main page. It indicates the number and jurisdiction that issued the license. Make sure that this license does exist. In this way you protect yourself from scammers.
A list of key terms related to the game in slot machines (slots).
● Slots – slot machines, one-armed bandits, etc. names. It is a game in which spinning reels are present. If you are interested in just slots, then you should familiarize yourself with our rating of online casinos, which contains institutions that offer over 1000 or more different slots.
● Scatter – a special symbol in the slot that is responsible for launching the bonus function or free spin. For this feature to become active, you need at least 3 of these characters.
● Wild (Wild symbol) – replaces other characters, not counting the Scatter. These badges help you get the best winning combinations.
● Random Feature – another interesting feature of the slot machine, launched randomly. A bonus game almost always opens, which is slightly different from free spins.
● Free spins, FS – this can be said a bonus game that opens after a minimum of 3 Scatters are dropped. After they fall out, the machine blocks access to your balance and begins a series of free spins, which seriously increases the chance of a good combination. Obtaining free spins is a key moment when playing in slots. In addition, free spins can be obtained in the form of bonuses when making a deposit.
● Sticky Wild is another variation of the Wild element that remains on the reels along several spins.
● Spreading Wild is a Wild element that expands to the entire reel.
● RTP / return / “giving” slot – in fact, this is the percentage set by the software developer, which allows you to understand how much a player will return in the long run. It sounds complicated, but in practice – everything is simple. Let’s look at an example, let’s say the RTP of the gaming machine is set to 95%, i.e. you will return 950 dollars out of 1000. Of course, this does not mean that with a rate of one dollar, you will certainly return 95 cents, it works from a distance.
● Variance / Volatility – this concept helps to explain the slot machines fluctuations. So, in a game with a high dispersion index, payments are almost always quite small, which is noticeable if you made a couple of thousand spins. But if you are lucky, and you finally add up the top combination, then you will literally get rich. But games with lower dispersion work differently. You will be covered with an avalanche of medium-sized prizes, but the maximum gain will not be so significant.
In general, these are all the basic terms with the knowledge of which you can safely start playing in a casino!